Affective Science Resources
- BrainFacts.org provides a great deal of information on neuroscience, including a dedicated section on “mood”.
- The “Experts in Emotion” Series by Dr. June Gruber includes 64 interviews with prominent affective scientists.
Public & Scientific Outreach Resources
Reasons to engage in scientific outreach
- Janet Napolitano (President of the University of California) on why scientists need to engage the public.
- Public outreach can generate new scientific ideas and are a forum for advocating for science — essays by Dr. Jamil Zaki.
- “Scientists who engage with society perform better academically” (Jensen, Rouquier, Kreimer & Croissant, 2008)
How to engage in scientific outreach
- Peer reviewed articles on how to effectively use social media for scientific outreach: here, here, and here.
The resources page will continue to grow and be edited as new resources become available or our brought to our attention. Please email Eliza at eblissmoreau [at] ucdavis [dot] edu if you have suggestions of resources that should be included here.
edited Oct 15, 2015